Saturday 1 March 2008

To Be Free?

Today I read a disturbing blog about how ungrateful the herd is to the designers that work in SL for the benefit of us all. I read that there are folk that actually demand changes to the freebies these designers give out, or abuse the staff that work in their stores. I am completely astounded that there exists a group of ill-mannered and ill-bred boors who believe that it is their right to have whatever they want delivered instantly. It appalls me.
I am, by admission, a freebie whore but, I can guarantee that as my alts, I have spent enormous amounts of money in many different stores across SL, and I have always found the designers to be helpful and polite. Yes, they may take time to get back to you if there is a problem, but they are busy, because, and here it takes a certain amount of imagination to access this information, they are making stuff for we who would otherwise be naked. It's true that I have not IM'd a designer to thank them for a freebie, but I have always done so if they have been present in the store, and allowed them to know how greatly I appreciate their work. So, for all those freebies I've taken, and not said thanks for, please accept them now.
Nuff said...

This outfit isn't free, so much as cheap, and I really like the look. Well, I would, wouldn't I?
The top and the jeans are both by Aleri Darkes who makes and designs Diversity Hair. The *AD* label is something I hadn't really looked at before, but it is really good as you can see from this rather gorgeous top I'm wearing. This is the neutral version, which retails at L$25. The jeans are L$13 and hug my arse like a sex-starved bloke.
The back view shows the amazing detail for the free lingerie that is available at Dutch Touch through the subscribe-a-matic group thingy-wotsit. And it is ace, my lovelies, abso-fuckin-lutely ace. Iki Ikarus makes wonderful clothes and if this av was a neko, or goth, I would own everything she's made twice over. Her skins are pretty bloody smashing too.
The skin I'm wearing is a gift from ***Digit Darkes***. It has a pile of other stuff in the folder to go with it, including another 3 skin tones, and tintable nail varnish, as well as several brow options. I love this skin; it is sexy, and smouldering, and makes me look HAWT. Which I am, in case there is any doubt... :P
My hair is another freebie from *booN, that I got the other day. It comes in a wide range of colours, and I wasn't sure till I wore it with this skin. Now I think it looks fine, fine, fine and boys can wear it too, but I think it looks way cute on ME!
Bracelets are from :::Sn@tch:::, who is a fine designer btw, as well as a generous one.
Shoes: see my previous blog, and the other bits of jewellery are ages old freebies from the Fash*Con Day when SL crashed. That necklace is my utter fave tho... ;)

Right, must away to beddy byes. Enjoy, people. xx

No comments: