Friday 29 February 2008

Shoes, glorious shoes!


Today I will be mostly blogging about shoes. Why are they so expensive? Why do you need to have so many, and why does the latest sculptie offering result in almost complete heart failure? First though, I wanna know why some outrageously amazing designer hasn't copied Irregular Choice, which is my RL shoe crack (well... almost, along with a number of other designers - lots of other designers)? /me grips a random designer and shakes 'em hard screaming, "LOOK at the beauty of them...!" Please, please, please, someone... make these. (Pitiful, aren't I?)

Anyways, I have found the closest texture to these belongs to a sweet little set of shoozies from Aphrodite Creations that I promptly bought, thus breaking my solemn vow to be a cheapskate. I love AC footwear, and not just because Aphrodite gives out regular freebies to her update group - Machiavellian, moi? - but also because she puts real heart and sole... er... soul into them. They are beautifully realised, and make even SL feet look grand. These pretty little things come in a wide range of colours, and retail at L$150, which is damn good for shoes of this quality. Look for the Rosette pump; I feel certain you will be happy.

Yet another designer I have watched is Periquita, who has developed into - IMHO - one of the best shoe creators in SL. My alts possess a number of her creations, but Taille is blessed with a pair of Pink Elephant shoes that were the staggeringly good price of L$49. The textures are fucking amazing and the shoes look fabboo in the extreme. Judge for yourself, and while you are at it, head out to the shop. Erpla has a kind of funky, whackiness to her shoes that I just love and that makes me want more. These remain some of my fave shoes ever.

Imagine my delight when browsing Fashion Planet last night I saw that Tesla was offering up her Jane pumps for L$50. The Lindens were burning a hole in my pocket. Hot? Nay, my dears, they were positively radioactive. So I did indeed hotfoot it over there and purchased a pair of my fave animal print shoes (at the moment, I have a thing for leopard in RL too, with real designs on a pair of shoes from Faith) and gloated happily over them. They are so fine and as I lusted wretchedly after these shoes when they first arrived in SL, I can only tell you that I lurve them with all my heart. Purrr...

The next pair of shoes were a freebie from **Baby Monkey and I think this is a lady who is bound to become better known for her design. This particular pair are very, very pretty indeed, and I didn't take them off my toes for at least a week. This, I hasten to add, is good, as I am a shoe junkie and have been know to change them within the hour. I blame my goldfish attention span and the need for regular fixes of shiny. Look at the bows, the pretty flowers, and the really excellent stacked heel. All yummy goodness as far as I'm concerned.
Pixieplumb Flanaghan has an update group and she regularly gives out stuff to her fans, so it is definitely worth joining, and all these gifts come with a bag too. Good bags, I might add, very good.

Right, my lovelies, I hope you will go and take a look, and buy too, for there is much delight to be had in the purchase of a new pair of shoes.

No comments: